For the love of Les Paul

Author: matthew /




This is a Gibson Les Paul Standard which caught my fancy at the beginning of this year but as time goes by a mere fancy burned into a passion & now I'm all out to own one. This is one of the two most famous & widely used electric guitar in the world besides a Fender Strat. It packs both an aesthetic curvaceous beauty & a powerful sound of my preferrence (anyway cheong hoe owns one but his is a less expensive version). Whenever I set my mind on something or someone I favor, its most unlikely for me to think otherwise. This was true when I wanted the specific model of my car so shall it be for my first electric guitar! Sadly the original American Gibson branded Les Paul will cost me a fortune! enough to buy another car.. To come back down to earth I opted for an alternative which is Epiphone. A brand under the Gibson family which manufactures Les Paul models under the inventors' supervision. So its the closest I could get. Moreover, its price tag only weighs 1/4 of the original Gibson's! Of course its sound would fall short of Gibson's but its still wood so its by chance that I might find one that sounds better than its original. The first washed out pic on the far left is the Epiphone counterpart whereas the sharper pic is the original thing. Can you tell the difference?

Working hard towards the funding of this baby.. May God have mercy on me.. :P Anyway I posted this up coz this is what i'm excited about lately.

2 cents worth a penny:

Anonymous said...

uhh... difference? let me guess.. the gibson pic was obtained from the net and posted without being edited, whereas the epiphone pic was obtained from the net but was edited before being posted? ;)

well anyways the only REAL difference i can spot is at the head of the guitar -- "Epiphone" and "Gibson" for the Epiphone (left) and Gibson (right) respectively.. =P

matthew said...

You're brilliant! Observing the outline of it. But thats because I wanted it to be the correct orientation as my Gibson. Yeah, the only difference is the shape & brand name on the headstock. Want it so much.... would you like to make an investment? The returns of it will be bountiful including a year supply of serenading at your front door :D